Terms and Conditions
The Global Noticeboard was set up to be a “Life Improvement Platform” and we expect our users to engage with the platform in a certain way.
Certain activities on the Global Noticeboard Platform will not be permitted:
- 1) We want users to engage with this platform to highlight social issues of our day. It is imperative that appropriate measures are taken with local law enforcement authorities where necessary. Do not use the Global Noticeboard as a substitute for this.
- 2) Respect other users on this platform. Explicit threats or inappropriate conduct should be reported and will be investigated. This could lead to a suspension or ban from the Global Noticeboard.
- 3) Content posted onto the Global Noticeboard remains the Intellectual Property of the original user. If you are posting content which was not originally created by yourself please make certain you have the right to do so. The Global Noticeboard is a platform, and content uploaded does not necessarily represent the views, opinions, and mission of the Global Noticeboard.
- 4) Verification:
- a) We offer the option to verify your details via two-factor authentication, using your phone number.
- b) If you are verified and you continue to use the platform for good, not only will you receive “GNB Ambassador” status on your account, but others will be able to see your account is verified and you will be much more likely to connect with you, allowing you to use the platform as intended.
Buy & Sell / Give & Receive Noticeboards
- 1) Manipulation of others.
- We will not tolerate any users who are seeking to benefit from the platform by manipulating the good will of others. If you believe you have seen this on our platform please report this.
- 2) False identity.
- Despite our verification methods, we encourage users to adopt a common sense approach when interacting with strangers online. If you believe you have seen someone using a false identity on our platform please report this issue.
- 3) Authenticity
- Buy/Sell and Give / Receive Noticeboards are spaces for a fair exchange of goods and services, whether it be for monetary exchange or otherwise. For this reason, if you believe you have not received the goods or services you expected to please report this. We do not hold responsibility for such transactions nor have the responsibility to indemnify users, but would obviously seek to discourage inappropriate behaviour where possible.
- 1) Hate speech
- The Global Noticeboard has a policy of promoting positive stories and facilitating aid and distribution of life improving resources, and will not tolerate the platform being used for any sort of political, social, or racial discrimination of any kind. If you see this on the platform please report this issue.
- 2) Violence and Graphic Content
- Please be aware that the Global Noticeboard has a wide and varied audience, and our understanding of graphic content will be considered based on context and intentions of the users. The Global Noticeboard reserves the right to remove content which we believe to be inappropriate for wider audiences. If you believe you have come across such inappropriate content please report.
- 3) Dignity
- There will be some incredibly difficult and sensitive stories shared across this platform, and we will take appropriate action against any users who do not respect the dignity of other users who are sharing their stories. If you encounter any activity which does not show respect for the dignity of others please report this.
- The Global Noticeboard operates with a “three strikes” policy, meaning that if your post is reported three times, and is found to be inappropriate based on these published guidelines, the Global Noticeboard reserves the right to remove the offending Notice, Noticeboard, or Profile from the platform. The user who posted the original content then also has the right to appeal. This appeal will be handled, and if it is deemed that the post was targeted and contained no malicious content or intent, then the accounts which reported the post will receive a “strike” on their account instead. Either of these processes may lead to a suspension or ban from the platform.
- This is a tiered system, so once three “reports” have been made, a “strike” is added to the account. Once three strikes are accumulated the user will receive a temporary ban. After another three strikes this ban will lengthen, until ultimately a permanent ban can be issued on the account.
Any actions which utilise the information provided by the users for any purpose other than the support they have requested could be subject to investigation and could lead to a suspension or ban from the platform.
Widgets can be submitted by anybody. We go through a process of checking widgets for malware, viruses, or any other such software which go against our Data Policy Conditions or endanger the safety of users on the platform.
- 1) What is your GNB Wallet?
- Your GNB Wallet is the way in which you can make charitable donations on the Global Noticeboard.
- Your money will not be held by “GNB Global Noticeboard Ltd” but instead our sister charity the “GNB Charitable Foundation, also known as The Humanity Fund”
- 100% of the money you donate plus gift aid (where appropriate), will be remitted to the causes we support. We do not take any admin fee or make any deductions of any kind.
- 2) Individual Giving:
- When giving as an individual, your donations will land directly in your personal GNB Wallet. From there, you can allocate to whatever you choose from the Moving Mountains selections that mean the most to you. You can give as little or as much as you like to one or to multiple causes.
- You can reset who you choose to give to at any time.
- 3) Group Giving:
- If you are giving on behalf of your employees or members, you will be guided as to how to make your donation. You will need to upload their email IDs so that we can create accounts for them. Be sure you have their approval for this. Your employees or members can then make their donations from the “change” held in their GNB Wallets.
- When your employees or members have made their selections on your behalf, your group profile will reflect all of their choices, so your group can proudly display the collective “change” you have together made in the world.
4) How do organisations and projects get onto the Moving Mountains Area themselves?
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a proposal for partnership and we will get in touch with you!
5) How do your donations get processed?
- We distribute the sum total of all donations in full every months.Your Profile, and GNB Wallet will reflect your donation once you have submitted your selection. This is so that you can keep track of your donations over the years, and all the “Change” you have made in the world.
- The GlobalNoticeboard takes absolutely 0% of the donation you have made, the only difference between what you send and what the charity receives are the transaction fees taken by the third party payment gateway. You will be reminded of the transaction fees taken by the third party payment gateway at the point of crediting your GNB Wallet.
Give / Receive and Buy/ Sell Noticeboards
You agree not to upload, share, or otherwise make available content:
- that impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Global Noticeboard employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity
- that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, or constitutes 'bait and switch'
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships
- that constitutes or contains 'affiliate marketing', 'link referral code', 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or unsolicited commercial advertisement
- that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to Global Noticeboard users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests
- that advertises any illegal services or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by applicable law, including without limitation items the sale of which is prohibited or regulated by law
- This explicitly includes any sexual - related content or activities, trafficking of individuals, firearms, content of an underage person, and as stated above any services or products which are prohibited or restricted by law
- that contains live animals - whether or not the sale of the pets is illegal or not we do not support this on the platform
- that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- that disrupts the normal function of the site via an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to the platform, or that otherwise negatively affects other users' ability to use the platform
- that employs misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the platform.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted;
- 'stalk' or otherwise harass anyone;
- collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes
- transmit through the service any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material or any kind or nature
- use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the platform - exception is made for internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file
- purposefully post content in a irrelevant category or city, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Global Noticeboard's computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the platform or the Global Noticeboard website.
Dealings with Organizations and Individuals
Your interactions with organisations and/or individuals found on or through the platform, including arrangement and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals.
You agree that the Global Noticeboard shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that the Global Noticeboard is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release the Global Noticeboard, its officers, employees, volunteers, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and / or our service.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You agree that use of the Global Noticeboard platform is entirely at your own risk.
The Global Noticeboard platform is provided on an “as is” or “as available” basis, without any warranties of any kind. All express and implied warranties including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non- infringement of proprietary rights are expressly disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Global Noticeboard disclaims any warranties for the security, reliability, timeliness, accuracy, and performance of the Global Noticeboard platform and service.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Global Noticeboard disclaims any warranties for other services or goods received through or posted on the Global Noticeboard platform, or accessed through any links on the Global Noticeboard platform.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Global Noticeboard disclaims any warranties or viruses or other harmful components in connection with the Global Noticeboard platform. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
Limitations of Liability
Under no circumstances shall the Global Noticeboard be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages (even if the Global Noticeboard has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from any aspect of your use of the Global Noticeboard platform, whether the damages arise from use or misuse of the Global Noticeboard platform, from inability to use the Global Noticeboard platform, or the interruption, suspension, modification, alteration, or termination of the Global Noticeboard platform. Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of other services or products received through or advertised in connection with the Global Noticeboard platform or any links on the Global Noticeboard platform, as well as by reason of any information or advice received through or advertised in connection with the Global Noticeboard platform. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Global Noticeboard, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit, post or make available through the Platform, your use of the Platform, your violation of the Terms, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
Shipping or any affiliated costs
If you are connecting to someone on the Give / Receive and/or Buy / Sell Noticeboards on the platform, you are communicating in the understanding that the “giver” of the items will also cover the costs of shipping / tracking. The “receiver” may very well offer to cover the cost of this if they would like to, but “givers” cannot advertise goods to give away that depend upon the “receiver” paying a shipping fee.
This is done to prevent scammers on the platform from holding items at ransom for potentially non-existent shipping fees.
Buy / Sell
The cost of listing an item for sale on the Global Noticeboard is to be paid before the item is placed onto the platform. By agreeing to the terms and conditions you release the Global Noticeboard from any legal pursuit to reclaim this money. If the item is sold to a buyer then it is the responsibility of the supplier to cover any costs associated with the transportation of this item.
As in the Give / Receive guidelines, the Global Noticeboard will not be held liable for any damages incurred during travel, and does not hold responsibility for any damage caused to the goods during transportation. The Global Noticeboard does not offer any warranties for any goods or services posted onto the platform. The Global Noticeboard will not be held accountable for any disputes regarding the quality of the items listed for sale. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions you acknowledge all of the above.
You may only post content to the Global Noticeboard that doesn’t violate someone else's Intellectual Property Rights.
The best way to help make sure that what you post to Global Noticeboard doesn’t violate copyright law is to only post content that you’ve created yourself.
It's possible to infringe someone else's copyright when you post their content on Global Noticeboard, even if you:
- Bought or downloaded the content
- Recorded the content onto your own recording device
- Gave credit to the copyright owner
- Included a disclaimer that you didn’t intend to infringe copyright
- Didn’t intend to profit from it
- Modified the work or added your own original material to it
- Found the content available on the internet
- Saw that others posted the same content as well
- Think the use is a fair use
Before you post content on Global Noticeboard you may want to ask:
- Did I create all of the content myself?
- Do I have permission to use all of the content included in my post?
- Does my use of the content fall within an exemption of copyright infringement
- Is the content protected by copyright (ex: is it a short phrase, idea or public domain work?)
It’s generally a good idea to get written permission from the author of the work before posting content on Global Noticeboard. You might be able to use someone else’s content on the Global Noticeboard if you’ve gotten permission from them, such as through obtaining a license. You also may be able to use someone else's content if it's in the public domain, is covered by fair use, or there is another exception to copyright.
If you believe someone has infringed on your copyright you can raise this issue. Please report this issue by attaching any evidence you have to support your claim, and we will investigate.
To provide the Global Noticeboard, we must process information about you. What we collect depends on how you use our platform, and you may access and delete information that we collect by visiting your Global Noticeboard settings.
Information you provide
We collect content, communications and other information you provide when you use our platform, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content and engage with others. This can include information in or about the content that you provide (e.g. metadata). This helps us to target suggestions for content and projects based on your preferences.
Data with special protections
You can choose to provide information in your Global Noticeboard profile fields or life events about your religious views, political views, who and what you are "interested in" or your health. This, and other information (such as racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership) is subject to special protections under EU law.
Networks and connections
We collect information about the interactions and connections you have on the platform to better suggest new connections, and target content and projects for you.
We collect information about how you use our platform, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
Information about transactions made on our platform
If you use our GNB Marketplace or join the Moving Mountains campaign, we may collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, and billing, delivery and contact details.
As described below, we collect information from your phones to fully utilise some of the features of the Global Noticeboard. We will only be using this information when you allow us to and only for the specific purposes to use the platform.
Information that we obtain from these devices includes:
- If you geolocate yourself for the purpose of receiving relief from being stranded, we will allow you to share this with others via a “handshake”.
- Network and connections: information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language, time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, and connection speed.
What does Global Noticeboard do with your data?
We use the information that we have (subject to choices you make), and to provide and support the Global Noticeboard services. Here's how:
Provide, personalise and improve our platform.
We use the information we have to deliver our platform, including to personalise features and content and make suggestions for you off of your preferences and activities.
We use location-related information – such as your current location, only when you geolocate yourself for ‘crisis relief’ in the “Crisis Response” service. Location-related information can be based on things such as precise device location (if you've allowed us to collect it), IP addresses and information from your and others' use of the Global Noticeboard (such as groups you are in or projects you donate to - we only do this to provide you better, faster responses).
Product research and development
We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our platform, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new features.
Ads and other sponsored content
We use the information we have about you – including information about your interests, actions and connections – to select and personalise ads, offers and other sponsored content that we show you.
Provide measurement, analytics and other business services.
We operate a pay-per-click service on the GNB Platform, therefore we need to record which sections of the platform you interact with in order to manage the exposure of products and services.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information that we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our platform, and promote safety and security on and off the Global Noticeboard platform.
Communicate with you
We use the information that we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our platform and let you know about our Policies and Terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Research and innovate for social good
We use the information we have to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared on the platform in the following ways:
People and accounts that you share and communicate with
When you share and communicate using our platform, indicate in your settings who you would like to be sharing with. Your network can see actions that you have taken on our platform, including engagement with ads and sponsored content.
Public information can be seen by anyone, on or off our platform, including if they don't have an account. This includes your profile name, your profile picture, and any other information you have allowed public access in your sharing settings.
Content that others share or reshare about you.
You should consider who you choose to share with, because people who can see your activity on our platform can choose to share it with others on and off our platform, including people and businesses outside the audience that you shared with. If you are uncomfortable with anything that has been shared, please report this.
How we process your data
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described above:
- as necessary to fulfil our Global Noticeboard terms of service
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time through the Profile settings
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations
- to protect your vital interests, or those of others
- as necessary in the public interest and
- as necessary for our (or others') legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalised, and safe service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
- If you engage with a Crisis Response page, we may be asked by research institutions to access your data so we can better tailor our Crisis Response Pages for quicker and more effective strategies. If you do not wish to share your data for this purpose you can opt out in your sharing settings.
How you can exercise your rights under GDPR
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your data. Learn more about these rights and find out how you can exercise your rights in the Global Noticeboard settings. You also have the right to object to and restrict certain processing of your data.
Data retention, account deactivation and deletion
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, when you search for something on The Global Noticeboard, you can access and delete that query from within your search history at any time.
You can request for your GNB account to be deleted. If you have any ongoing projects or are an administrator for a group or organisation you can allocate a transfer of ownership of this account. Anything that is not deleted or transferred will remain on the platform but anonymised. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted. If you don't want to delete your account but want to temporarily stop using the platform, you can deactivate your account instead. To delete your account at any time, please visit the Global Noticeboard settings.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request, if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We can also respond to legal requests when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of the platform, breaches of our Terms or Policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or platform), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our platform.
Information we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made on the Global Noticeboard Marketplace) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for term breaches for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term breaches.
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the Global Noticeboard, such as by personalising content, tailoring and measuring ads, and providing a safer experience. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the Global Noticeboard, we use them for the following purposes:
Security, site and product integrity
Advertising, recommendations, insights and measurement
For example: Cookies allow us to help deliver ads to people who have previously visited a business’s website, purchased its products or used its apps and to recommend products and services based on that activity. Cookies also allow us to limit the number of times that you see an ad so you don’t see the same ad over and over again.
Cookies help us serve and measure ads across different browsers and devices used by the same person.
Cookies also allow us to provide insights about the people who use the Global Noticeboard, as well as, the people who interact with the ads, websites, and apps of our advertisers and the businesses that use the Global Noticeboard platform.
Site features and services
For example: Cookies help us store preferences, know when you’ve seen or interacted with Global Noticeboard’s content, and provide you with customized content and experiences. For instance, cookies allow us to make suggestions to you and others, and to customize content on third-party sites that integrate our social plugins. If you are a project administrator, cookies allow you to switch between posting from your personal Global Noticeboard profile and a project.
For example: We store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so you will see the site in your preferred language.
For example: Cookies help us route traffic between servers and understand how quickly the Global Noticeboard loads for different people. Cookies also help us record the ratio and dimensions of your screen and windows and know whether you’ve enabled high contrast mode, so that we can render our sites and apps correctly.
Analytics and research
For example: Cookies can help us understand how people use the Global Noticeboard, analyse which parts of the platform people find most useful and engaging, and identify features that could be improved.
We may place cookies on your computer or device, and receive information stored in cookies, when you use or visit the Global Noticeboard.
Browser cookie controls:
In addition, your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device's help material. Certain parts of the Global Noticeboard may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use.
We will notify you as you log in if there have been any changes to our Terms and Conditions, Community Guidelines, Cookies, Copyright, and Data Policies.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above stipulations, get in contact with us at: